Monday, June 25, 2012

Did She Say "Free Pilates Exercises for Pregnancy?"

Sweating, breathing, squeezing your partner's hand; they finally tell you that it's time to push!

You have no choice but to dig in and wait for the next contraction. You feel that crazy powerful pressure coming on again, so you bear down and do as they tell you. It's unlike anything you've ever felt. It's awkward at first. You try again....

The clock ticks as everyone shouts at you like your running with a football. But you've had a bad back for months and you've spent most of your spare time resting. You've allowed your muscles to weaken in an attempt to avoid pain or injury. You're completely exhausted. You can't push anymore.

Pregnant with my first baby, I remember telling my OBGYN that I was sore after doing water aerobics. I was offended at first when he started laughing. He gently let me know that I don't need to be concerned about the normal aches that go along with a good workout. He let me know that it won't hurt the baby and that it would help make the birth easier!

As I had more children I saw that the more reasonably active I was during the first 36 weeks, the easier it was to get through the last four, and the quicker I recovered! My free local pilates sessions are uniquely designed to keep you strong and flexible and feeling great before and during your pregnancy.

When the baby comes and you are home-bound for a while, safe, online pilates for birth recovery classes are a convenient and affordable way to get your body back in the shortest time possible. And you can try it for two weeks free.

Why Pilates for Pregnancy?

  • Safety. Pilates exercises are slow and controlled.
  • Ease. You can start at any fitness level.
  • Convenience. You can do them at home on the floor.
  • Effectiveness. Women who do pilates are stronger and less prone to injury.
  • Universalness. Physical therapists use many pilates exercises for their patients.


No comments:

Post a Comment