Sunday, September 12, 2010

Prioritize your "to do" list.

"Healthy eating is just too complicated. As soon as I think I'm doing something right, I find out it could be done better."

When I give Nutrition Seminars, I see this common frustration in many people. My heart goes out to these people who get snippets of some new health information here and there and try to make sense of it all. I want to help you to make reasonable changes that you can live with here in the real world.

Living an anti-Inflamitory lifestyle has many components and can be comlicated. The good news is there are priorities. Like anything, focussing on the top priorities will will give you a sense of control and most of all create better overall health. This mantra will be repeated throughout the blogs and in several different ways:

Keep your blood sugar stable throughout the day.

I know some of you are already saying "What about controling cholesterol?"

The fact is that our cholesterol levels are primarily related to the amount of saturated fat and processed carbohydrates that we consume. Therefore stabolizing our blood sugar by avoiding these foods, as the priority will resolve both problems.

The best way to start is including protein in your breakfast. If you are one of those who doesn't eat breakfast, start doing it. Your body will thank you. Stabolizing your blood sugar at the beginning of the day improves mental clarity, stamina, and makes you feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment